Saturday, December 2, 2006

Thanksgiving

Since the early of 17th century, the first Thanksgiving has been celebrated in Virginia, North America. The event is named differently from one country to another, though the concept is quite the same. The origin of Thanksgiving in US was to show gratefulness of the pilgrims, who traveled to the land of opportunities for religious purposes, to the native American , red Indian, who taught them to grow corns, catch the fishes , in order to survive in the new land.

In the US, it is celebrated in the 4th week of November. Over the year, Thanksgiving has not been used to thank only the Native American, but also it has become the symbol of festival seasons – School holiday, Merry Christmas, New Year etc.

Likewise, I am on the early state of my school holiday, after the headache and suffering pains SMU had given me. With this precious opportunity, Please allow me to show my gratefulness to YOUs with this word of THANKS.

  • Thanks to my beloved grandma and grandpa who raised me up when I was almost died in my early childhood!
  • Thanks to my parents, my brothers and sisters who played the part to bring me up to here!
  • Thanks to visitors who read my blog and comment on it.
  • Thanks to my friends who always trust me and support me and want to see me rise.
  • Thanks to my coolie family and friends who gave me an unforgettable life in Singapore.
  • Thanks to those who criticized me as I can reflect it to myself for my future growth.
  • Thanks to TIME which is my biggest asset worth more than anything else and intangible spirits whom I know will always help me.
  • Lastly, Thanks to my beloved country that I would feel guilty if I couldn’t do anything to help it to stand more firm.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool...but u didnt say thax to me??:(is it u include me into ur friends....

Absoluteme said...

Yes... =)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for thanking me:D
I enjoy reading your blog as it`s amusing and worth reading. Go ahead and post more...

Absoluteme said...

thanks for yr supports =)

jadenguyen said...

so happy to be ur friend..thax for thanking me.Friendship can be forever but love cant..

Khemara Phoumirak​ ខេមរា ភូមិរក្ស said...

hey my frn, u wana thank everyone this thanksgiving for their being nice to you.. but i just wana reprimand everyone everytime for everything.. :|

Anonymous said...

yah. I totally agree with you about this part "Love" things. Shouldnt love then. Friendship is the best...yeheheh

Anonymous said...

yah also agree . Love is so demanding... so b sure before choosing to love sb

I am Joe said...

ok if you think in your life u dont need love... just friendship ... i think u r heartless!!

My Apartment